Hurricane Preparedness Generator: Getting Generator-Ready for Hurricane Season
Experts predict that Florida should expect an intense hurricane once every three years. Getting generator-ready for hurricane season is crucial for communities in the state because power outages typically last for three days. It’s one of the most cost-efficient ways to prevent business losses and home inconveniences.
Your journey towards preparedness begins with the best generator for hurricane season. Let’s discuss what to look for in a hurricane preparedness generator and how to check and prepare one to protect your property.
Investing in a generator for your commercial or residential property is like getting an insurance policy. No one can know for sure when you will need one, but it can secure a life, a business, or a home. Read on to learn more about basic generator types and which one is ideal for you.
Every year, Floridians can experience anywhere between 51 – 100 power outages that last an average of 65.6 hours. Such nuisances can damage equipment, ruin inventory, and halt business operations. At Florida Power Solutions, our specialists recommend three types of generators for commercial properties.
- Standby generators: These products operate automatically and can run on fuel types you can typically find in your commercial property. They can detect power interruptions within seconds and instantly boost power sources.
- Natural gas generators: These commercial generators use natural gas to run. They’re cleaner and less expensive than their counterparts.
- Diesel generators: These generators use diesel to operate. They provide maximum fuel efficiency, making them a stable power source. We recommend them for businesses not using power utility grids.
As generator experts, consumers often ask us about the best generator for hurricane season. The truth is, each generator is unique and offers distinct pros and cons to its users. With this in mind, we recommend calling a professional to help you determine the ideal one for your home.
High-quality home generators automatically turn on in a few seconds after a power interruption, keeping your home safe and comfortable. With a reliable generator during a hurricane, you can preserve food and keep warm.
Advantages of Owning a Generator during Hurricane Season
In 2016, Hurricane Matthew left over one million Florida residents without power. Hurricane Irma, a category four hurricane, landed the following year. It caused over 16 million residents to lose electricity access.
These power outages cause emergencies and inconveniences that can last for days. If you still don’t have a generator for your property, it’s time to consider investing in one. Now that hurricane season is upon us, we should do our best to protect our families and our homes from harm.
Let’s look at some of the advantages of owning a generator during hurricane season.
- Instant backup power source: With a generator on your side, the power will kick in immediacalltoy after an interruption or outage.
- Continued equipment use: This feature is useful for hospitals and homes with life support machines. Additionally, it will propel business operations and keep homeowners safe and comfortable.
- Protection against power surges: When the power returns after an outage, it can do so with a massive electricity influx that can damage your electrical system and equipment. In most cases, these damages can cost thousands of dollars to repair.
Pro Maintenance Tips
Now that we’ve discussed the types and the advantages of having generators, let’s go through maintenance tips for companies and individuals who have already invested in them.
Generator maintenance services are the only way to make sure your machine is in tip-top shape. Before hurricane season is upon us, we suggest checking if your generator is operational. We also recommend our post hurricane generator maintenance services in case your device gets exposed to extreme weather conditions.
We offer these services throughout Sarasota. Our clients receive notifications through any smart device ensuring their generator’s effectiveness throughout the year.
At Florida Power Solutions, we provide our community with generator monitoring services, even for machines we didn’t install. We offer the following service contracts:
- Single visits
- Annual visits
- Bi-annual visits
We recommend single visits to residential properties and annual and bi-annual contracts to commercial properties. Through an installed device that uses a 5G cellular signal, we monitor the performance of our clients’ machines. Here are some of the components we check:
- Site power
- Utility power
- Generator operation
- Generator battery voltage
- Generator exercise results
- Due services
Our service technicians have access to all available information in real-time, guaranteeing your machine’s optimal performance.
Final Thoughts on Hurricane Preparedness
Hurricane season in Florida runs from June 1 – November 30, with the peak happening between August – September. A generator is the best investment you can make to protect your loved ones, your property, and your home from the harm and inconvenience caused by hurricanes.
When it comes to hurricane preparedness, don’t settle for anything less than the best generator company in Sarasota, FL. Get in touch with Florida Power Solutions now for a free, no-obligation estimate.